W's 101 in 1001

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Your Life is Ending One Minute at a Time...

I got this idea of completing a list of 101 goals in 1001 days from a friend. First of all, completing such a list is challenging period, nevermind the considerations of an Indigenous man. It is basically an exercise in planning the next three years of my life; a life in which I am striving to de-colonize and become more authentically Quu'as.

Some of my goals are big, some crazy, some simple but I think I did a pretty good job in crafting the list. The biggest thing I noticed was how ridiculous some draft goals seemed through the lense of being Indigenous such as "live on the land for a week" (which did not make the cut). My list ended up being a blend of crazy fun stuff, "Run with the bulls" and more profound life goals, "Be conversant in Nuu-chah-nulth."

Another friend found the idea of a countdown stressful, but I believe that any potential anxiety is alleviated by the fact that these are things I want to do and not stuff I have to do or should do. Welcome to my roadmap to the tales of Jiggs.

1 Comments:

  • If you want me to make the countdown for you, just let me know the date you started, or the day you finish and I'll make the code for you :)

    P.S Check out my list again. I had to make some tweaks and updates. Also updated the actual page so I can post on there each one as I progress. I hope to accomplish a lot this spring/summer.

    By Blogger Rivers, at 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home